Monday, June 10, 2013

Book Review: Me Before You



Me Before You, A novel by Jojo Moyes


Jojo Moyes I have a bone to pick with you.  Actually, I am a little angry!  You write so well, so thought provoking.  You story grabbed my attention and wouldn't let me loose until I finished the last page of your book.  You had me guessing which way each character was heading, from the A plots to the B plots, and I cared so much.  I am furious with you because you kept me honorable, as tired as I was, I wouldn't peek and let myself spoil the tension you built.  You made me blush with shame when I realized all the simple heartache people with challenges face.  Even though I have two such people in my life, your reflections hurt and now I am mad because I can't say more.  I don't want to spoil this book for anybody else.

So today if I am grumpy from lack of sleep, impatient because the only thing I really want to think about is the characters who became my friends last night- I am blaming you, JOJO!  And right after that I am going out and buying everything else you've written!


Happy Reading!
Carole P. Roman

No comments:

Post a Comment