Saturday, September 14, 2013

It was like going to a fan club meeting

Deborah Jaffe writes with an easy, breezy, chatty style that can disarm anyone afraid from reading the classics. Her book was entertaining as well as a delightful journey into the world of people who are dedicated to all things Jane Austen. My Mom was the biggest Jane Austen fan I had ever known. Pride and Prejudice was her go to comfort book and I know she read it so many times, it fell apart. While I never read Austin's books, I read all the current Regencies that appeared through the nineties and fell in love with the period. I go into raptures when I buy anything from that time period and have a wonderful collection of snuff boxes and miniatures. I have loved reading about Jane Austen's life, and enjoyed all the movies that came out. So, my question is- can you be a Jane Austen fan without reading her books? Jaffe has motivated me to try again, so Jane Austen here I come.

Happy Reading!
Carole P. Roman

No comments:

Post a Comment