Saturday, October 11, 2014

This one's a keeper



Charming, sweet love story about a single mom trying to keep her head above water. Jess Thomas is struggling to keep her two children safe, while working as a house cleaner and in a pub. Her estranged and deadbeat husband lives far away and never helps. Desperate to improve her children's chances, she accepts help from the snobby and distant Ed Nicolls. On a wild journey to Scotland, they both drop their guard enough to realize that they enjoy each other's company, and they fit together like a perfect equation.
I must admit, I was not as crazy about this book when I started it. Neither Ed or Jess captured my sympathy, until their relationship blossomed. Their developing love, and the relationship between Ed and the children tugged at both my funny bone as well as my heart. Jojo Moyes knows how to hook a reader and keep them turning pages. Her books are a refreshing delightful read. I loved this book. It's a keeper.


Happy Reading!
Carole P. Roman

No comments:

Post a Comment