Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Good Grief: A Book Review



I never read what book is about before I start it. I buy from the suggested list from Amazon. This book touched a cord. I read while I was grieving for my Mom and understood and felt all of Sophie's confusion and pain. Was it great literature- no- but I don't think it was ever anything more than the story of a woman rebuilding her world after all her dreams were shattered. Many claim it was trite and hokey- well, I think it's a book about hope. Sometimes the story doesn't have to be believable to accomplish what it sets out to do. For me, Good Grief gave me a window to look out from my well of sorrow with its gentle humor, and threw a lifeline that while your life may be at its lowest point, something may be just a move away to bring you back.

Happy Reading!
Carole P. Roman

No comments:

Post a Comment