Wednesday, April 24, 2013

My Review From Bookend Chronicles!

Gigi Frost wrote a lovely review of my latest Captain No Beard book! I wanted to share the review with my readers!




In Stuck In The Doldrums, Captain No Beard has a problem with sharing. He forgets that his crew member's feelings and resorts to selfish behavior. First Mate Hallie, Mongo the Monkey, Linus the Lion, Polly the Parrot and Fribbet the Frog, decide to go off and play without him.

As the story progresses, Captain No Beard is placed in a very scary predicament and is forced to rely on the help of the very individuals that he alienated.

It is an entirely engrossing tale of friendship, loyalty and forgiveness. My son, who is my greatest point of reference with children's books, was spellbound. He loved talking about each character and going over the confrontation and what resulted from selfish behavior and bullying.

Carole P. Roman has an incredible grasp of a child's perception. She is able to create an entertaining story, full of swashbuckling adventure, while still teaching a life lesson. 


You can read more here! I hope you will also subscribe to Bookend Chronicles!


XOXO,
Carole P. Roman 

No comments:

Post a Comment